2018, Ph.D. in ECE from University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMass)
2014, Ph.D. in CS from Northeastern University, China
Office: (305) 348-7983
- Cyber-Physical Systems (with particular application to sustainability, system security, data privacy). For instance, the Internet of Things, smart homes, smart communities and smart cities.
- Staring at the Sun: A Physical Black-box Solar Performance Model.
Dong Chen, Joseph Breda, David Irwin.
In Proc. of the 2018 ACM International Conference on Systems for Energy-Efficient Built Environments (BuildSys'18), November 07 - 08, 2018. Acceptance rate: 24.19%.
- Private Memoirs of IoT Devices: Safeguarding User Privacy in the IoT Era.
Dong Chen, Phuthipong Bovornkeeratiroj, David Irwin and Prashant Shenoy
In Proc. of the 38th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS'18), July 2 – 5, 2018, Vienna, Austria.
- Weatherman: Exposing Weather-based Privacy Threats in Big Energy Data.
Dong Chen, David Irwin.
In Proceedings of 2017 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (BigData'17), Boston, MA, USA, Dec 11-14, 2017. Accept Rate = 87/437 = 20%.
- Black-box Solar Performance Modeling: Comparing Physical, Machine Learning, and Hybrid Approaches.
Dong Chen, David Irwin.
In Proceedings of 2017 ACM Greenmetrics (Greenmetrics'17), Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA, June 6, 2017. Re-published: Performance Evaluation Review, Vol. 45, No. 2, September 2017.
[Paper]-[Sigmetrics17/Greenmetrics17 Travel Grant]
- SunDance: Black-box Behind-the-Meter Solar Disaggregation.
Dong Chen, David Irwin.
In Proceedings of the eighth ACM International Conference on Future Energy Systems (e-Energy'17), Hongkong, 2017. Acceptance ratio = 26.7%.
[Paper]-[Data Release]-[eEnergy17 travel grant]
- SunSpot: Exposing the Location of Anonymous Solar-powered Homes.
Dong Chen, Srinivasan Iyengar, David Irwin, Prashant Shenoy.
In Proceedings of the 2016 ACM International Conference on Systems for Energy-Efficient Built Environments (BuildSys'16), Stanford, CA, USA, 2016. Accept Rate = 24.48%.
[Paper]-[Presentation]-[Data Release]-[Sensys16/Buidlsys16 Travel Grant]
- SmartSim: A Device-Accurate Smart Home Simulator for Energy Analytics.
Dong Chen, David Irwin, Prashant Shenoy.
In Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm'16), Sydney, Australia, 2016.
- Preventing Occupancy Detection from Smart Meters.
Dong Chen, Sandeep Kalra, David Irwin, Prashant Shenoy, and Jeannie Albrecht.
IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 6(5), pp.2426-2434, 2015, Impact Factor: 7.364.
- Combined Heat and Privacy: Preventing Occupancy Detection from Smart Meters.
Dong Chen, David Irwin, Prashant Shenoy, Jeannie Albrecht.
In Proceedings of the 12th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (Percom'14), Budapest, Hungary, 2014. Acceptance rate = 14%.
- Non-Intrusive Occupancy Monitoring using Smart Meters.
Dong Chen, Sean Barker, Adarsh Subbaswamy, David Irwin, Prashant Shenoy.
In Proceedings of the Fifth ACM Workshop On Embedded Sensing Systems For Energy-Efficiency In Buildings (BuildSys'13), Roma, Italy, November 11-15, 2013. Accept Ratio = 39%.
- Qi Li (Since Spring 2019, from: Northeastern University)
- Yuzhou Feng (Since Fall 2019, from: Beihang University)
- Keyang Yu (Since Fall 2019, from: Southeast University)
- Keyang Yu (from: Southeast University, first employment: PhD student at FIU)
- Xu Li (from: Beihang University, first employment: Facebook)
- Anwar Numa (FIU)
- Leonardo Gutierrez (FIU)
- ACM Computing Surveys
- ACM Transactions on Internet Technology
- Ad Hoc Network
- IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernerics: Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
- Journal of Intelligent Systems
- Journal of Computers and Electrical Engineering
- KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems
- Journal of Computer Science and Information Systems
- International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing
- Jorabian Journal for Science and Engineering
- IET Control Theory and Applications
- Applied Energy
- IEEE Access
- The 16th ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Application (AICCSA'19), Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- 2019 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE Big Data 2019), Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- 2019 the Twelfth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3), Noida, India.
- 2018 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE Big Data 2018), Seattle, WA.
- International Symposium on Next Generation Computing and Internet, Dubai (NextGenCIT 2015)
- IC Engineering and Computational Innovative Sciences, Morocco (ENCINS 2015)
- 19th Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium (PETS 2019), Stockholm, Sweden
- 15th IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology (ISSPIT'15)
- Workshop on Hot Topics in Cyber-Physical Systems, China (HotCPS 2011)
- Second International Symposium on Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications (ISTA'16)
- International Symposium on Intelligent Systems Technologies and Applications (ISTA'15)
- 2012 IEEE Symposium on Industrial Electronics and Applications
Fall 2019: COP 4610: Operating Systems
Spring 2019: COP 5614: Operating Systems
Fall 2018: COP 4610: Operating Systems.
Adapted from a template by Matei Zaharia.