COP-4338, Programming III Assignments
- Assignment #0, due Tue Feb 7: C++ Intro, C Pointers
- Assignment #1, due Tue Feb 14: Using structs in C
- Assignment #2, due Tue Feb 28: C++ Classes
- Assignment #3, due Tue Mar 7: C++ Operator Overloading
- Assignment #4, due Tue Mar 28: Templates and Inheritance
- Assignment #5, due Thu Mar 30: STL
- Anagrams.cpp solution, includes a typedef
and two ways of handling the sorting of characters for computing the representative.
- Anagrams2.cpp solution as discussed in
the night class, ignores case-distinctions.
Change involves making the map use a case insensitve string comparison
and the sort use a case insensitive character comparison.
- Assignment #6, due Tue. Apr 18: Threading and Locking
- Assignment #7, due Thu. Apr 20: An Internet Chat Program
ChatServer.java: limits to one port
ChatServerBetter.java: can run several independent chatrooms on different ports (available at 6:25PM or so)
ChatServer3.java: as done in the night class, same idea as before, but has ChatServer extend Thread to avoid
anonymous classes and simplify the code.
However, this only works because ChatServer is
not already extending another class, because if ChatServer was
extending some other class (for instance, some other Server class), you
would not be allowed to have multiple implementation inheritance.