I am a fifth year PhD student in Computing & Information Sciences department of FIU (Florida International Student). My Interests are Data Mining, Machine Learning and their applications in System Management. I currently work as a Research Assistant coadvised by Dr. Tao Li and Dr. Shu-Ching Chen. Here is the pdf version my resume
Florida International University, Miami, FL, USA2012.8-now
Ph.D. in Computer Science. Research Area: Data Mining and Natural Language Processing.
Florida International University, Miami, FL, USA2012.8-2015.5
M.S. in Computer Science. Research Area: Data Mining and Natural Language Processing.
Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, China2008.8-2012.6
B.E. in Computer Science and Technology
- Event Mining: Algorithms and Applications. Released by Chapman and Hall/CRC, September 2015. Wubai Zhou contributes to Chapter 7 (Data-Driven Applications in System Management).
- Data Mining Where Theory Meets Practice. Released by Xiamen University Press,2013, ISBN 9787561542941. Wubai Zhou contributes to Chapter 14 (A survey on Temporal-Spatial Data Mining).
- Wubai Zhou , Liang Tang, Chunqiu Zeng, Tao Li, Larisa Shwartz, Genady Ya.Grabarnik. “Resolution Recommendation for Event Tickets in Service Management,” in IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management(TNSM), 2016.
- Chunqiu Zeng, Liang Tang, Wubai Zhou, Tao Li, Larisa Shwartz, Genady Ya.Grabarnik. “An Integrated Framework for Mining Temporal Logs from Fluctuating Events,” in IEEE Transactions on Services Computing(TSC), 2016.
- Tao Li, Wubai Zhou, Chunqiu Zeng, Qing Wang, Qifeng Zhou, Dingding Wang, Yue Huang, Jia Xu, Wentao Wang, Minjing Zhang, Steve Luis, Shu-Ching Chen, Naphtali Rishe. “DI-DAP: An Efficient Disaster Information Delivery and Analysis Platform in Disaster Management,” in Proceedings of the 25th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2016).
- Lingxi Peng, Wenbin Chen, Wubai Zhou, Fufang Li, Jin Yang, and Jiandong Zhang. “An immune-inspired semi-supervised algorithm for breast cancer diagnosis.” Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine 134 (2016): 259-265.
- Wubai Zhou, Tao Li, Larisa Shwartz, and Genady Ya Grabarnik. “Recommending ticket resolution using feature adaptation.” In Network and Service Management (CNSM), 2015 11th International Conference on, pp. 15-21. IEEE, 2015.
- Tao Li, Chunqiu Zeng, Wubai Zhou, Qifeng Zhou, and Li Zheng. “Data Mining in the Era of Big Data: From the Application Perspective.” Big Data Research 1, no. 4 (2015):2015041.
- Wubai Zhou, Liang Tang, Tao Li, Larisa Shwartz, Genady Ya. Grabarnik. “Resolution recommendation for event tickets in service management.” In 2015 IFIP/IEEE International Symposium on Integrated Network Management (IM), pp. 287-295. IEEE, 2015.
- Wubai Zhou, Chao Shen, Tao Li, Shu-Ching Chen, and Ning Xie. “Generating textual storyline to improve situation awareness in disaster management.” In Information Reuse and Integration (IRI), 2014 IEEE 15th International Conference on, pp. 585-592. IEEE, 2014.
- Wubai Zhou, Chao Shen, Tao Li, Shu-Ching Chen, Ning Xie, and Jinpeng Wei. “A bipartite-graph based approach for disaster susceptibility comparisons among cities.” In Information Reuse and Integration (IRI), 2014 IEEE 15th International Conference on, pp. 593-599. IEEE, 2014.
- Chunqiu Zeng, Yexi Jiang, Li Zheng, Jingxuan Li, Lei Li, Hongtai Li, Chao Shen, Wubai Zhou, Tao Li, Bing Duan, Ming Lei, Pengnian Wang. “Fiu-miner: a fast, integrated, and user-friendly system for data mining in distributed environment.” In Proceedings of the 19th ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining, pp. 1506-1509. ACM, 2013.
- Li Zheng, Chunqiu Zeng, Lei Li, Yexi Jiang, Wei Xue, Jingxuan Li, Chao Shen, Wubai Zhou, Hongtai Li, Liang Tang, Tao Li, Bing Duan, Ming Lei, Pengnian Wang. “Applying data mining techniques to address critical process optimization needs in advanced manufacturing.” In Proceedings of the 20th ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining, pp. 1739-1748. ACM, 2014.
Software Engineer Intern, Uber, San Francisco, CA, USA2016.5 - 2016.8
Worked in Fraud Team and seeking data mining methodologies for scoring and classifying short text attributes, such as account’s name, email and phone number, as gibberish or fake.
Research Intern, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, Hawthorne, NY, USA.2015.5-2015.8
Investigated methodologies for event dependency analysis of IBM Tivoli monitoring system based on information extracted from incident tickets. The target was to discover correlations between configuration items in the system such as database, message queue, server and application after transforming into time series data.
Research Intern, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, Hawthorne, NY, USA.2014.5-2014.8
Investigated methodologies for resolution recommendation of IBM Tivoli monitoring system based on manual and auto incident tickets. The aim was to automate ticket resolving by incorporating machine learning and data mining techniques and thus improve the efficiency of service delivery in individual and dynamic IT infrastructures.
Co-Founder, Uslunchbox, Miami, FL, USA.2013.6-2014.11
An online service for end-to-end food delivery built on AWS, providing functionalities of convenient food ordering and restaurant management. More than 400 active users and five restaurants were using our portal.
Research Assistant, Knowledge Discovery Research Group, Miami, FL, USA.2012.8 - now
- Designed and implemented an elegant framework to automatically generate a storyline about the evolution of events during a hurricane. The storyline is able to provide cohesive and understandable information to users for improving situation awareness in disaster management. Techniques: Natural Language Processing, Entity Recognition, Linear Programming, Document Summarization and Visualization.
- Participated in the design and implementation of a large-scale data analysis system that focuses on optimizing advanced manufacturing processes. Particularly, the contribution involves data-oriented algorithm design and data-driven visualization.
- Contributed to the implementation of a Fast,Integrated,User-friendly system named FIU-Miner in support of performing complex data analysis tasks in a distributed environment. The system provides a user-friendly interface to allow users to quickly and easily schedule data mining workflows by virtue of the available resources of distributed environment.
Professional ServicesConference Paper Reviewer
- The International Conference on Advances in Social Network Analysis and Mining 2015 (ASONAM 2015)
- IEEE International Conference on Big Data 2015 (BigData 2015)
- ACM Recommender Systems Conference 2015 (RecSys 2015)
- SIAM International Conference on Data Mining 2016 (SDM 2016)
- Knowledge and Information System 2015 (KAIS 2015)
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering Data 2016 (TKDE 2016)
- International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence 2016 (IJCAI 2016)