Q'BIC Capstone Workshop 2011
Class: Room HLS360; Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu 12:30 - 3:00 PM
Office: EC 2443 and ECS 254A; Phone: (305) 348-3748;
Office Hours: By Appt only
- July 19: HW #3 is due Monday July 25. Bring hard copy to class.
- July 18: All project choices are due today by class time.
- July 18: HW #2 is due Tuesday July 19. Bring hard copy to class.
- July 18: Solutions to HW #1 can be found below.
- Bioinformatics and Functional Genomics, by Jonathan Pevsner,
Wiley-Blackwell, Paperback, 2nd Edition, ISBN 978-0-470-08585-1
- [REFERENCE] Bioinformatics, by David Mount, CSHL Press, 2002,
2nd Edition, Paperback, ISBN: 0-879-69712-1
- [REFERENCE] Bioinformatics, by Baxevanis & Ouelette, 3rd
Edition, ISBN: 0-471-47878-4.
- [REFERENCE] Understanding Bioinformatics, by Zvelebil & Baum,
HANDOUTS AND HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS
- Homework #3: [html]; Due Monday Jul 25. Bring hard copy to class.
- PROJECT LIST: [pdf]
- Pathogen Detection: Victoria, Rudolph, Claudia
- Reverse Vaccinology: Egla, Jon, Patricia
- RNA Folding: James, Diana
- Riboswitches: Emmanuelle, Oscar
- Horizontal Gene Transfer: Lorenzo, Natalie, Usman
- Homework #2: [html]; Due Tuesday July 19. Bring hard copy to class.
- Short Homework #1: Due Wednesday July 13, noon. Solutions [pdf]
- Jul 11: Lec 1[pdf]
[Introduction & Biological preliminaries]; Reading:
[Chapters 1, 2 (from JP); Extra]
- Jul 12: Lec 2[pdf]
[BLAST, Global Sequence Alignment]; Reading:
[Chapters 2, 3, 4 (from JP); Extra]
- Jul 13: Lec 3[pdf]
[Local Sequence Alignment, Multiple Sequence Alignment, HMMs];
[Chapters 3, 4 (from JP)];
- Jul 14: Lec 4[pdf]
[HMMs, Profile HMMs, Pattern Discovery];
- Jul 18: Lec 5[pdf]
[Gene Expression, Microarray Technology];
- Jul 19: Lec 6[pdf]
[Sequencing, Next Generation Sequencing, Applications of sequencing];
- Jul 20: Lec 7[pdf]
[Multiple Hypothesis Testing; GO Annotations; Protein Structure];
- Jul 21: Lec 8[pdf]
[Protein Structures; Machine Learning; Support Vector Machines];
- Jul 25: Lec 9[pdf]
Last modified: Wed Jul 10 11:34:09 EST 2011