· Please include a copy of the below files in a DVD and turn it in at the beginning of the last class
o Term paper: Template Document
o Presentation slides: Template Presentation
o Video clips of your presentation (60 minutes total)
1. 30 minutes presentation, following the above template for presentation slides.
1. Please record it yourself using your laptop camera presenting your slides.
2. The format of your video should be .wmv; please use the highest quality that your camera supports.
3. Make sure that the lighting of the room and the quality of microphone are acceptable.
4. You only need to capture the video from yourself (and your teammate; one after the other) while you are presenting.
5. Make sure that you look directly at the camera during most of your presentation.
6. You can read from your slides from time to time while you are presenting, if necessary. When we edit your video, we will replace such portions with the corresponding slides from your presentation.
7. Each teammate should use about 15 minutes to present; you can turn in two video clips, each about 15 minutes, or one clip of 30 minute for both of you.
8. Please practice your presentation so that your video becomes as flawless as possible.
9. Please dress appropriately for your presentation. Note that mostly your face will be recorded as you will be using your laptop camera anyway.
10. Please go through your video to make sure that everything looks good.
11. If you are not satisfied with your video, please redo. Thank you for the extra effort on this.
2. 30 minutes demo of the software tool, demonstrating the capabilities of the software. Highlight the pros and cons.
1. Please record it yourself using Microsoft Expression Studio 3.
2. You must first download Microsoft Expression Studio 3 (make sure it is NOT Expression Studio 2)
2. Log In and click on "Software" located in the top menu
3. Find "Expression Studio 3" and click on it
4. You will want to download "Expression Studio 3 (x86) - DVD (English)". (Once again, make sure you are clicking on Expression Studio 3 Not 2)
5. Then add it to your cart and download it!
6. **If you download using our school's internet (even through wifi on your own laptop), it will download really fast as our school provides us with really fast internet access
7. Once you have downloaded Microsoft Expression Studio 3, it will include ALL its components. The screen recorder is called "Microsoft Expression Encoder 3 Screen Capture".
8. If anyone needs any help, you can give contact Christine Rodriguez who has experience with this software.
3. Make sure that you set your screen capture option to record on FULL SCREEN.
4. Make sure that the quality of microphone on your laptop is acceptable.
5. Make sure that you speak clearly while you are giving the demo of the software.
6. Highlight the pros and cons of the product. Use Kaseya as a reference.
7. You can read from a script that you prepared before so that you do not make any mistakes during your presentation.
8. Each teammate should use about 15 minutes to present; you can turn in two video clips, each about 15 minutes, or one clip of 30 minute for both of you.
9. I strongly recommend that you work together, one reading from the script and sitting close to the microphone, the other using the mouse and keyboard to demo; you need to practice to be in sync with each other.
10. Please practice reading from your script and going through different parts of the software so the video becomes as flawless as possible.
11. Please go through your video to make sure that everything looks good.
12. If you are not satisfied with your video, please redo. Thank you for the extra effort on this.
· Altiris www.altiris.com
o Carlos Montenegro
o Bryan Ramirez
· Handsfree Networks www.handsfreenetworks.com
o Natalia Carvajal
o Albert Fernandez
· HyBlue www.hyblue.com
· IT Control Suite www.itcontrolsuite.com
· KACE www.kace.com
· LabTech www.labtechsoft.com
o Edward Guerra
o Brennan Leblanc
· LANdesk www.landesk.com
o Ruth Fernandez
o Jose Pando
· Level Platforms www.levelplatforms.com
o Flavio Suguimitzu
o Timothy Cruz
· LogMeIn www.logmein.com
o Christine Marie
o Richard Calvo
· ManageEngine www.manageengine.com
o Charles Martinez
o Christopher Fine
· N-able www.n-able.com
o Manny Farinas
o Carlos Sequeira
· Nagios www.nagios.org
o Leonel Melinsky
o Emmanuel Peraza
· Numara TrakIT www.numarasoftware.com/Track-It.asp
o Jorge Falcon
o Thomas Russo-rodriguez
· Silverback Technologies www.silverbacktech.com
o Nestor Zamora
o Matthew Wander
· Teamviewer www.teamviewer.com
o Rene Nodarse
o Joseph Hernandez
· Zenith Infotech www.zenithinfotech.com
o Robin Nadal
o David Wong
Documents from the previous IT Automation class:
· System Design Documents (SDD):
· Documents for IT Automation Tools
o LabTech: 1
o OpenSource: 1
o SilverBack: 1
o SMS: 1
o WindowsServer: 1
· Comparison-1: LANDesk, Zenith Infotech, N-able, Altiris, and Kaseya
· Comparison-2: Altiris, N-able, Track-It, Labtech, Zenith, and Kaseya
· Comparison-3: N-able, Level Platforms, Track IT, Altiris, and Kaseya
· Comparison-4: N-able, Track It, Level Platforms, Microsoft SMS, and Kaseya
· Comparison-5: LANdesk, Windows Server 2003, Track-It, Nagios, Level Platforms, Altiris, N-able, and Kaseya
· Comparison-6: Track It, N-Able, Nagios, Nessus, Bacula, Smbldap-Tools, Eventum, Rdesktop, LANDesk, LogMeIn, Belarc Advisor, KS-Soft Advanced Host Monitor, Windows Automatic Updates & Firewall, KLS Backup 2008, Paragon Partition Manager, McAfee, Backup Exec, Trend Micro, Corendal Directory, and Kaseya
· Peter Greko, S. Masoud Sadjadi, Esteban Clua, Onno DeVries, "Automatic Installation of an IT Automation Software System", Seventh Latin American Grid (LA Grid) Summit, (October 22-23, 2009). [.pdf]
· Seijiro Ikeda, S. Masoud Sajadi, Esteban Clua, "A Competitive Analysis of some IT Automation Solution Providers: Kaseya, LANDesk, Altiris, N-Able, and SilverBack", Seventh Latin American Grid (LA Grid) Summit, (October 22-23, 2009). [.pdf]
· Alfonso Munive, S. Masoud Sadjadi, Esteban Clua, Rob Hendrix, Neal Lauther, "Meta-Monitoring: Proactive Monitoring of an IT Automation Monitoring Server", Seventh Latin American Grid (LA Grid) Summit, (October 22-23, 2009). [.pdf]
· Jonathan Sanchez, S. Masoud Sadjadi, Esteban Clua, Chad Gniffke, "A Competitive Analysis of IT Automation Solution Providers: Kaseya, Numara, KACE, LPI and LabTech", Seventh Latin American Grid (LA Grid) Summit, (October 22-23, 2009). [.pdf]
· Sajjad Zaidi, S. Masoud Sadjadi, Esteban Clua, Chad Gniffke, "A Competitive Analysis of IT Automation Solution Providers: Kaseya, LogMeln, ManageEngine, Zenith InfoTech and IT Control Suite", Seventh Latin American Grid (LA Grid) Summit, (October 22-23, 2009). [.pdf]
Last modified January 18, 2010